Thursday, January 23, 2014

Free art sub lesson: The Circle Game! Adapted from Ande Cook's Art Starters

The Circle Game asks students to come up with as many different things as they can from one circle.  I thought this activity was really fun!  However, my elementary students were not that interested.  Most of my kids' papers were dull circles with a scribble on them.  I think older kids might "get it" better.

I have included the handout from Ande Cook's Art Starters as well as my lesson plan with all the directions for a sub.

The Ande Cook handouts were part of a SchoolArts subscription, or you can get her book: Art Starters 

7 comments:

  1. I hope you don't mind. I posted a link to this blog entry on my blog for art teachers. http://artsublessons.blogspot.com/2014/08/circle-game-handout-for-sub.html jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. Such a fun idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great fun minus the bomb example.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used this for my sub lesson today. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing! I'm going to use this in the school library for one of my centers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing this! I teach elementary school, and I think this is great to have in my "bag of tricks" for emergency work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing. Perfect

    ReplyDelete